Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Napping

I don’t know about you but March 9th just became one of my new favorite days. March 9th is National Napping Day! This day was created on the day after the return of Daylight Savings Time and it is supposed to give people an opportunity to catch up on the hour of sleep they lost. I honestly wish this day was everyday because I love myself a good nap. I can sleep just about anywhere; you can even find me passed out in the super uncomfortable buddy seat of a tractor riding along with a brother or my dad. And I know I am not the only one who loves naps. Farmers love them too.

Most farmers are up bright and early working and often up late at night still doing chores, so they love to get in a good nap whenever they can especially now before crazy spring hours begin. Sometimes farmers get in a quick nap after their daily morning chores. They come in to get warmed up saying they will go back out in five minutes, but soon they are passed out on the couch snoring away. Before they know it they have been asleep for over an hour past the time they wanted to go back out. They can even catch a quick nap while sitting at the kitchen table reading the paper. We think he is reading until his snore gives him away. I am more of a recliner or couch napper, preferably with a cozy blanket to snuggle with. My Dad designed our house specifically for warm winter naps as the sun shines in our large living room windows to the south and west. When Dad is soaking up the warm sunshine rays just like a newborn calf tucked up tight in the sun on the southside of the barn.

As we all spring forward next week, I hope you also get a chance to celebrate National Napping Day on March 9th. Just remember to brush your bedhead and wipe the slobber from your chin before heading back out to work!

~ Kesley Holdgrafer

No comments:

Post a Comment